Monday, December 17, 2012

Motivational Monday: Season of Joy? Not for everyone.

If you are new to my blog and would like to know why I started Motivational Mondays, please go HERE.

I developed the thought for this post a couple of weeks ago.  I never realized how relevant it would become in the wake of the terrible, senseless shooting of innocent children and adults that occurred in Connecticut just a few short days ago…

While this may be a season of joy for many of us as we prepare for and commemorate Hanukah, Christmas, St. Lucia Day, Kwanza and other winter celebrations, there are some who find this time of year extremely difficult.  For anyone who has lost a loved one, for anyone who is dealing with depression, for anyone who is separated from family for one reason or another, for anyone who is lost or alone, the holiday season can be very difficult to get through.  Even people who are in a good place in their lives can find the holidays difficult due to the enormous stress that they manage to heap on themselves to ensure that this time of year is special for everyone around them.

However, the wonderful thing about the internet is that you are never truly alone.  If you are reading this then you are connected to me and I to you.  Support is just a keyboard click away.  If you are one of those individuals finding this time of the season difficult please reach out to family, friends or community resources.  You don’t need to deal with your anxieties by yourself.

Know that you are not alone.  

Here is my gift for you this Monday.

If you are interested in the information used to create this sentiment, I have included it below along with my other usual caveats.  Please note that due to the nature of this design, you may not use it on products you sell since one of the fonts is for personal use only with no profit generation.

Until next time, 


 
Clipart Information:
The background image used to make this design can be found at PublicDomainPictures.net.  This photo by Nat Sakunworarat is in the public domain and is free for commercial and personal use. 

Fonts Used: 

Click the font name to take you to a download location.  While Angelina and Beyond Wonderland are considered free for commercial use, Anabel Alt is for personal use only. 

If you haven't already, please become familiar with my terms of use found in the copyright tab at the top of this page.  I have included a quick summary below.   If you are not sure how to copy the image, check out the download instructions page.  
  
Quick summary of Terms of Use:
 

  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creation
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Pinterest®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.

5 comments:

Sue - aka Olive Reedfilter (fairy name) said...

Lisa .... your thoughts today reflect what many of us are feeling. I have been touched by tragedy in the month of December. My father died on December 26, 2000 very tragically in an "accidental death". I did not grow up close to him and as an young adult he walked out of my life for over twenty years. When he returned it was very, very difficult for me to let him back in. At the time of his death, my relationship with him was not of a father/daughter, but at least I can say we'd become friends. After his death for many years I grieved for what I never found again with him (most of it caused by my own stupidity and stubbornness). So, yes the holidays were hard. My first memories are always having to go identify him at the morgue!!! That nightmare still lives inside of me to this day. As the years have gone by, I finally found a way to forgive him and myself. I take care of a cemetary plot that the man's name is Casey Maxwell who was born one day before my father and died the same day as my father. In my mind this is my father's place. (He donated his body to Texas Medical Center) and I had no place to try to feel his presence. I found "Casey" walking through the cemetary taking pictures last summer. And, this is now my father's resting place for us. I sure hope "Casey" doesn't mind. Thank you for letting me express this. Hugs, Sue

Suze said...

Thank you Lisa. I really feel for those families in Connecticut who were looking forward to a special christmas with their little ones. It is so sad and as you say senseless.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Sue,
That was very brave of you to share this on the blog today. I can't imagine the pain this must bring up each year at this time. I'm sure that Casey would be pleased to know he is helping in some respects. I am very happy that you shared this with me and everyone else reading, Hopefully other people will know this is a safe place for expressing themselves as well.

Hugs,
Lisa

Peanut said...

A very uplifting post, Lisa. I'm following you...so I won't miss out on your beautiful "doodles".

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog! Have a blessed Christmas! ... A

Lynne said...

Perfect words. Thanks so much. Lynne from OZ