Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Card Design: Deedee's Digi of the Month Challenge...September

Progressive Freebie Challenge!

Oh dear.  Once again I find myself running out of month.  Sheesh, am I ever going to get it together?!  Well, thankfully I'm not too late to post my project for the Digi of the Month Challenge taking place over at Deedee's Digis.

In order to enter the progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  Be sure to check out the store while you are there too.  Currently there are a few sets available for free and of course there are some wonderful ones available for purchase in the store.

Right now it is time to check out the awesome set participants got to work with this month...



Leaf Your Cares Behind is a fun and silly set but like they said on the Deedee's blog, we all need a little silly in our lives some times.  As always, Deedee's sets come with both outline and coloured versions to provide you with incredible variety and sentiments to help you out as well.  If you did not participate in last month's challenge, you can still purchase this set for just $1.25 during the month of September at the store or get it for free with any $10.00 purchase (check blog for more details). You can find it HERE.

Here are my card and details...

General Information:
 
  • This card was created 100% digitally and then layered in a poster mockup.  I will print it out and assemble it at a later date.
 
FRONT
Digital Image Details:
  • Leaf Your Cares Behind: You can find this set in the store. Details above. I used the coloured version from the set to once again help save me some time.

Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This is another great image created by Paulette from Create with TLC. I picked it up a while back as a freebie.  For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets to purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.

Digital Embellishment Details: 
  • The leaf spray used on the bottom left corner is a freebie that I offered up in 2013 as part of the September Kit of the Month Offering.  You can find it HERE.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • One from the Leaf Your Cares Behind set.

OVERALL
Digital Paper Products: 
  • The paper used as a background on the front and inside, along with the paper used as an accent on the front, is also a 2013 September Kit of the Month Offering.  You can find both of them, plus others, HERE.

Digital Embellishment Details: 
  • The shape used for matting in behind the image (front) and sentiment (inside) are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
  • The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper

Other Notes: 
  • The poster mockup that I used to display the card in is from Design Bolts.
 
Challenges I am entering: 

 Others I am hoping to enter...
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button** 

Well, I've finally managed to finish my first progressive card of the month now on to the next two plus some DT work and more behind the scenes stuff for my teams.  The countdown to the end of the month begins... 

Until next time,

7 comments:

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

What an adorable card! Love the entire digi set as well! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Lisa Lynn said...

Great card! Love those curls of leaves. I still have to get mine done, eeks.

Edwina said...

Oh, how cute! I love your card. I recognize your Autumn element. It has been a favorite of mine. Edwina Brown

kReN said...

Hi, Lisa. Love what you did with the elephant image. Thanks for joining us at the Deedee's Digis DOM and hope to see your wonderful creativity every month!
kReN, DT
Come and see what I've done lately!
www.afourthlife.blogspot.com

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Love your card-so pretty and love all the embellies! Thank you for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
Carolyn, DT

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, Lisa! So vibrant, and very "Fall." I'm loving the combination of elements you used, and need to go hunt those down. Thanks for sharing the links, and I'm so glad you were able to snag a little time to play along with us again at Deedee's Digis this month!

Mary said...

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Best Regards, Mary

TTCRD DT
Thyme To Create {My Blog}