Saturday, May 30, 2015

Digital Design: Imagine That...Gingerbread Scene & Papers


Hello to all you fine people out there!  With just two days left in the month, it is time that I show you my third and final Imagine That! Digis by Kris project for May.  Although, today I'm going to show you something a little bit different.

Last year, before I joined the IT team, I received a wonderfully generous gift from Kris in the form of her Gingerbread Scene Digi Set and accompanying Gingerbread Digital Papers.  Well, I've been itching to make a set of brads using several of the items from that set for use on some future Christmas cards.  Last night, I finally got the chance to. 
  
General Info:
  • I have five sets of brad templates:  a .3 in. circle; a 1 in. circle;  a 1.3 x .7 rectangle; a .7 in. square; and a 1 in. square (please note sizes are approximations).  Within each of these sets there are ten different types of metal edgings (for ex., gold, silver, copper, pewter, chrome, etc.). 
  • There are five images within the Gingerbread Scene Digi Set that I specifically wanted to make into brads. I also used three papers from the Gingerbread Digital Papers set, and two papers from the Christmas Snowflakes Digital Papers set for the background of the brads.
  • So, for the purposes of what I am showing you today, I have put each of the images and an accompanying paper into one of the different brad shapes. 

Check them out...
Digital Image Details: 
  • Gingerbread Scene: I just love the individual elements in this set!  They are all perfect additions to any holiday card!  And, the ones I've used in my brad set are just a few of the items in the set, there are many more that you can see in the preview below.  Please click on the watermark below to find the set in the store. 
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p12/Gingerbread_Scene.html
  • The brads have been made with templates that were designed by Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper.  I have used the iron metal in the ones shown above.  The shadows have been added for display purposes.
Digital Paper Details:
  • As mentioned above, I have used three papers from the Gingerbread Digital Papers set, and two papers from the Christmas Snowflakes Digital Papers set for the background of the brads.  I have also used one of the papers as the background for my display.  Please click on the watermarks below to find the sets in the store. 
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p74/Gingerbread_Digi_Papers.html


http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p90/Christmas_Snowflakes.html

Important to note...

Now if you too enjoy digital design, please note that not all artists allow their images to be used in digital projects such as the ones I have created above.  So, be sure to carefully check the terms of use and if it isn't covered, contact the artist.  Keep in mind that in the majority of circumstances, even if you are allowed to use the items to create digital products, unless you have purchased an image with a commercial use license or are granted special permission, the digital creations you make, will be for your own personal use ONLY.  

While Kris does allow people to create digital items with her digis and papers, the resulting creations are for your own personal use. Should you wish to give away or sell digital items using Imagine That! Digis by Kris products (ie. non-printed/non-handmade projects), you would need special permission to do so.

And guess what...
Kris has done exactly that!  I have received special permission to have a blog draw.

Watch for your chance to earn the full set of 50 digital brads, coming soon...
That is five different shapes and images X ten different metal casings for a total of 50 digital brads that you can use on your own holiday cards! Of course, you're going to have to do a little work to have your chance to earn them, but don't worry, it won't be anything too strenuous.

Look for the draw coming in July as part of a special Christmas in July with Imagine That! Digis by Kris post.

Well folks, that is it for this one!

Stay tuned for more Imagine That! Digis by Kris creations coming your way soon, along with all my regular features and design team posts.  In fact, there is a special new release coming up on Monday that will be sure to make your mouth water!  So, I hope you'll be back to check it out.

Until next time,

3 comments:

Heather said...

These are beautiful. I have this IT set and love it, but making digital brads out of them makes them even better. I might even try to make some crystal magnets using this set. You've inspired me !!

Denise Goeldner said...

Wow they are amazing, such a great idea. So wonderful of Kris to give you permission too. Very inpsiring xx

Edwina said...

Lisa, I just love these brads. I saw them earlier on IT. They look like real brads. You used one of my favorite sets. Edwina Brown