Thursday, May 28, 2015

Card Design: From the Heart Stamps May Challenge

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/blog/
It is time to post my project for the May, From the Heart Stamps (FTHS) progressive stamp of the month challenge. Thank goodness I got it done in time. I'd hate to miss out on the opportunity to earn more stamps from such an incredible designer!

In order to enter the progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really awesome images.

This time around I decided to make a 'congratulations on your pregnancy' card.  Here is my project and the details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...

General Information:
 
  • I thought carefully about what I wanted to do with this particular image.  I already had a Mother's Day card but thought it still might lend itself well to a thank you card of sorts for my parents.  I went back and forth between that idea and the one I decided on.  The great thing is that because the card is mostly done digitally, I could easily swap out the inside sentiment and then just have to print, colour and assemble to create the thank you card I was thinking of.  I love that about digital.  You end up with lots of different reusable templates where you can just swap things out if you want.

FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • The image on the front, Apple Blossom Birds, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click HERE or on the watermark below to go to its location in the store.
  • If you missed out, you can still play along with the challenge by purchasing the image. Then you can enter the challenge and receive next month’s digi free. Alternatively, if you spend $10 in the From The Heart Stamps store this month, you'll receive the image for free.  To find the special code you need, be sure to check out the original post by clicking HERE.
Stamp Preview by FromTheHeartStamps
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • One I created specifically for this card.
Digital Embellishments: 
  • The pennant shape was created using a template from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper.  I paper pieced it with a digital paper from my Mommy Dearest: Patterned Papers kit (preview below).
  • The digital brad and ribbon are from the Mommy Dearest: Buttons Bows and Brads section.

INSIDE

Digital Sentiment: 
  • This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  While I picked it up a while back as a freebie, you can purchase it as part of the Lots of Congratulations Digi Images and Word Art set.  I've linked the watermark below to go to its location in the store.  For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store. 
Lots of Congratulations Digi Images and Word Art

OVERALL 
Paper Products: 
  • Card, image and sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products: 
  • All the patterned papers used on this card, including matting, are from my Mommy Dearest:  Patterned Papers Kit.
Digital Embellishments:
  • The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter: 
Others I might get it into...

Just one more progressive challenge to go this the month plus two other DT posts.  You know, I just might make it.  However, since I have a minimum of four post plus three creations to get ready for June first....maybe not.  Wish me luck!
 
Until next time,

8 comments:

Imke said...

Lisa, this is super cute and i like the soft colors !! Great take with our FREE Stamp of the Month May image and thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Heather said...

I love the sentiment you came up with. Such a beautiful use of this digi. I hope I remember this in the future when my cousins get pregnant.
{Hugs}
PS Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations again (even though this was your first card you entered). Good luck.

coops said...

So stunning Lisa.The sweet birds are gorgeous and i love your soft colours and beautiful design.
Thanks for joining us this month at the Without Words challenge :D

xx coops xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO sweet, Lisa. I absolutely LOVE your card, and can't thank you enough for sharing your talents with us. I love having you play along with us. Have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

Jingle said...

This is SO sweet! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge!

Jo said...

Beautiful soft colouring, and a heart warming sentiment for this lovely card.
Thank you for joining us at From The Heart Stamps :)
Jo xx

Anonymous said...

lovely card Lisa, Thanks for taking part in #263 challenge with Crafty Your Passion Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again! :)

Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
www.artekatie.wordpress.com