Monday, May 25, 2015

Card Design: Deedee's Digi of the Month Challenge...May

Progressive Freebie Challenge!
Hey there and a happy Monday night to you all!  It is high time I post my project for the Digi of the Month Challenge taking place over at Deedee's Digis.

In order to enter the progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  Be sure to check out the store while you are there too.  Currently there are a few sets available for free and of course there are some wonderful ones available for purchase in the store.  Due to the new EU VAT tax, Deedee's store has been split into two sections so make sure you head to the right section of the store if you plan on making a purchase.

Right now it is time to check out the wonderful set participants got to work with this month...

"Dad's Day Off" is a fun set filled with great images.  Of course, each set comes with both outline and coloured versions to provide you with some variety.  If you did not participate in last month's challenge, you can still purchase this set for just $1.25 during the month of May at the store. You can find it HERE if you are a resident of the European Union, or find it HERE if you are NOT a resident of the EU.

Here are my card and details...

General Information:
 
  • I didn't want to make a father's day card so I decided to use the dog with slippers image.  I thought a comfort card would be a good idea so I did a search in my files for a sentiment with the word comfort in it.  When I found a sentiment both with the idea of comfort and also related to dogs, I knew it was the perfect match.
  • Once again, I've kept this card clean and simple. 
 
FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Dad's Day Off:  You can find this set in the store.  Details above.  I used the coloured version from the set to once again help save me some time. 
Digital Sentiment Details:

INSIDE
 Digital Sentiment Details:
  • This particular sentiment was one I picked up as part of a prize I won when Scribble and Scrap offered up digis.  It was actually part of a Christmas set but I thought it went well for this card.  While the store no longer exists at all, you can still play in their challenge blog which can be found HERE.

OVERALL  
Paper Products: 
  • Card, image and sentiment bases:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Neutral collection.
  • The matting is Crafts brand cardstock available at Dollarama.
  • The Designer Paper used on the inside is from my stash but originally from the Michael's Recollection's Mosaic Memories paper pad.
Challenges I am entering: 
Other challenges I hope to enter...
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button***  
Well guys, I've managed to finally finish my first progressive card of the month.  Just two more progressives to go in the next 5 days plus several DT creations. Wish me luck!

Until next time,

13 comments:

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, Yes, That is so true. They just try to comfort and cheer you. Terrific card my friend! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love this! What a great sentiment and heartwarming as well!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Such an adorable image and sentiment Lisa
Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.

Kathy D. said...

Going to have to lift that quote from you! Love it and love that you made this a comfort card. Perfection! Thanks for playing in the Digi of the Month Challenge at Deedee's Digis.
Kathy D.

Carol L said...

I just love what you've done with this digi! The sentiment is so true, and any dog lover understands that completely! I just love how that little Corgi stakes the spotlight with a great quote tucked inside of what looks like a dog bone! Very creative!!

Lisa :) said...

LOVE this card and the dog image!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Crafting From The Heart!! Hope to see you again soon! —Lisa, DT

Theng Creation said...

Cute card :-) Thank you for joining us in CCC.
Hugs from Therese, Creative Corner DT

Carole said...

Super card, thanks for playing along with our ATG Challenge @ Dream Valley this week. Good Luck
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable card! Love the sentiment and the pup! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love what you did with those digi images. Wonderful card inside and out. Great sentiment too. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

Victoria Lavender said...

Hi- there's the a touch of love in your work. What you've added to the digi's is fabulous! Wonderful coloring and a great guys card. Thanks for sharing & playing AAA Cards! Cheers, Victoria

Linda Beeson said...

I love your doggie, so glad you could join us at AAA Cards

Pillan said...

Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
/Pillan,