Thursday, January 15, 2015

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge #25--Winter Wonderland

http://scribblesdesignschallenge.blogspot.ca/
 It is time for our first new challenge of the year over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.

This time around, for Challenge #25, the theme is Winter Wonderland Big, fat, fluffy snowflakes or hard and crunchy.  Slush and sleet or flurries and blizzards.   In Canada, along with many other nations throughout the world, we are deep in the throes of winter; and as such, we are experiencing snow in a variety of forms.  Whether you love it or hate it, for many of us, there is no escaping it.  So this month, show us a project featuring snow as the main theme.  Whether a  light dusting or an avalanche, what will your winter wonderland look like?

In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog.  You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog.  This challenge will end at 9pm PST on February 15th.
 
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started.  Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
 
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's new adorable snow people images.  This month's theme is a great opportunity to get a jump on making another Christmas card.  There is no time like the present to keep adding to the pot to ensure that I don't go through the yearly Christmas Card Panic.

 Christmas Cards to date for 2015:  2
 
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...


FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Snowheads 1:  Hee, hee.  Aren't these guys so cute?!  A fun new gang of characters in the Scribbles Designs family!  This image was coloured in with Copic markers.

http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.ca/2014/12/873-snowheads-1-300.html
Embellishments:
  • The half pearls are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • One I created to lead into the sentiment I used on the inside of the card.


INSIDE
Digital Image Details: 
  • This really cool set of four snowflakes on the left hand side of my card is a wonderful image that I got from Create with TLC. My good friend Vicky from Crafting Vicky signed me up to receive one of the special TLC clubs during the fall of 2013 and this was one of quite a number of images that I received.  Thanks to both Vicky and Paulette!  
  • I recoloured it (slightly) digitally so that it would match the papers I was using.
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • This great sentiment suited perfectly for this card is of course also from Create with TLC. I picked it up a while back as a freebie.  I just added 'this holiday season' underneath to make it more of a holiday card as opposed to a winter card.  For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.


OVERALL
Paper Products:  
  • Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products: 
  • Both the snowflake paper and the background I used for matting are papers I created.  While I have a preview for the first (which you can see below), I don't for the textured one yet.  I'm hoping to add both to my preview page soon.
 Challenges I am hoping to enter... 
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button**
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!   

Until next time,


4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh I am loving the cute snowmen with their colourful attire and the inside is gorgeous.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Maryann Laursen said...

Such a beautiful card here Lisa. I love both the image and the funny sentiment, and everything fits soo well together.

Unknown said...

Lisa,
A really fun and colorful card. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I saw your card on Scribbles Designs the other day. I was drawn to it before I realized it was yours. It is so cheerful. I love the hats and the colors you used on them. Your snowflake paper looks terrific with this image. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown