A lovely early Tuesday morning to you all. It is time to share the new Ike's World Challenge. This fortnight the theme is Things with Wings. It is the perfect time for me to get another Christmas card added to the pot. This will make it two for April which means that I've met my personal goal this month for the 12 Months of Christmas link up. I especially like that I've managed to come up with a non traditional holiday card. I always enjoy when my brain thinks out of the box.
Christmas Card Count to date: 8
Remember, you can join in Ike's challenge with a creation using any kind of medium or style but in order to qualify to win the prize you MUST use an Ike's Art image. You can find some fab ones in the store HERE. There is also a freebie available over on the challenge blog that you can use to enter the challenge but please be respectful of the artist's rights and do not post, pin or share the image with anyone else. Instead, if you know some people who might like it, send them over to the challenge blog so they can pick it up for themselves.
Here is my project...
- Angel 2: You can find it in the 'People' section of the Ike's Art store or by clicking on the name or watermark below. I thought that this image suited itself so well for a nice peaceful Christmas card. I am glad my instincts were correct.
- I have coloured this image with Copic markers. Skin: E000, E00, E02, R20. Hair: E21, E23, E25. Dress: R32, R35. Rock: C1, C3, C5. Wings: Iridescent coloured glitter. The overall image was grounded with the colourless blender and BG000.
- The flowers are from a stash I got from my momma.
- The edging on the brown paper that I used as a decorative strip is an EK Success punch I believe. There is no name on the punch so I am not 100% sure.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This fabulous sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer papers: Both the pinky/brown and brown damask papers are from the Recollection's Paisley and Damask Paper Pad.
- Matting & decorative strip on front: Purchased at Dollarama.
- http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes: Patterned Paper
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://addicted-to-stamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/-- Things with Wings
- http://suzypantssmarty.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Things with Wings
- http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Things with Wings
- http://52cct.blogspot.ca/ -- Christmas card with Glitter
- http://sparklensprinkle.com/ -- Anything Goes: use loose glitter, embossing powder, and/or flocking
What will you create using one of Ike's wonderful images? You have two weeks to pop over to Ike's World Challenges and play along with us in our Things with Wings challenge. You can find out everything you need to know in order to play, by heading to the challenge blog. I've linked the logo at the top of the page to take you there. While you are over there, please be sure to check out the incredible creations offered up by some of my fellow DT members and don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog next Tuesday when team B's creations will be showcased. Don't forget to have a peek and check out all the amazing images in the store as well. The logo below is linked to take you there.
Until next time,