Sunday, November 23, 2014

Card Design: Two Challenges -- One Card...DS4J & Doodle Pantry November

Once again I've decided to combine challenges with one creation.  I've used the stamp that I got in the DigiStamps4Joy progressive challenge and also a freebie from Doodle Pantry.

This card also makes another one for the Christmas card pot!  It is getting close to the true time of panic.  Hopefully, I will end up with enough to get me through!  

Christmas Card Count to date: 27

 I was a bit stumped on how to incorporate the tags into my card at first.  Then I did a Google image search for 'tags on cards' and found a great example that you can check out HERE if you'd like.  Unfortunately, there is no watermark on that card, and to be honest, I'm not exactly sure how the site where I found it works, so I don't know who the original artist is which means I wasn't able to thank them for the inspiration.  Just another important reason to make sure you add watermarks to all your projects. 


FRONT
First up--DS4J...
http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.ca/2014/01/monthly-christmas-challenge-january-2014.html
Here is the great DS4J set we got to work with this month:
These tags are definitely versatile and could be used to add the perfect touch to a present you are handing out this coming holiday.

Digital Image Details: 
  • Christmas Tags:  If you aren't part of the progressive challenge and would like to purchase it so that you can join in, click HERE or on the watermark above to find it in the DS4J store.
  • I decided to triplicate the snowflake tag only as I wanted to keep the wintry-snow theme running throughout.  I used chalk to add some colour to the snowflakes. 
Don't forget that if you are interested in joining the DS4J progressive Christmas card challenge you will need to contact Desíre (her details are at the bottom of the DS4J link up post). I've linked the DS4J badge above, to take you to that post. 

Next up--Doodle Pantry...
http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.ca/
It was high time for me to get back into the Doodle Pantry challenges and with the great set up for grabs this month, I definitely couldn't resist.  Remember, Doodle Pantry challenges are unique.  If you use a Doodle Pantry image (not just a sentiment) then not only will your name be entered for a final prize coupon BUT you will also get the featured product for free.  That is pretty darn incredible!!!  Now of course, you are welcome to submit cards following the rules and theme using an image from any digital company but you will only be entered into the draw for the final prize coupon.

Check out the amazing featured product up for grabs in this month's challenge, for those who do enter using a Doodle Pantry image... 

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!  Seriously, there is no way I could NOT enter and get this fabulous set.

Here is the great kit I worked with for this month.  Check it out...
Snowman Pile-up
Digital Image Details: 
  • Snowman Pile-UpI received this adorable set for taking part in a previous challenge.  I used the pre-coloured image. To purchase it, click HERE or on the watermark above to head its location in the store.

Digital Paper Details:
  •  The paper used on the front and inside is also from the Snowman Pile-Up set.

Other Details and Credit Information for the front...

Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This amazing sentiment is part of a set of Primitive Christmas blocks that I picked up over at Create with TLC.  Amazingly, this set is still available for free.  Click HERE to go and grab them but make sure that you leave Paulette some love if you do.  For other great finds, be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
Embellishments:
  • The sheer dotted ribbon across the front and the cord used in the buttons are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama. 
  • The buttons were picked up at the Dollar Tree.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This wonderful sentiment that went perfectly with the front of my card is also from Create with TLC.  It is a freebie I picked up recently.
OVERALL 
Paper Products:
  • Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Challenges I am entering:
Other Challenges I am hoping to enter...

Well guys, that is it for this post.  Thank you so much for taking the time to come and visit me!  Now it is time to get started on my other two progressive cards plus some DT work.  Then of course there is also the paper I need to create for the US Thanksgiving freebie, plus some behind the scenes stuff to prepare for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up blog and then I also need to work on some new paper sets.  Man, it is going to be a busy week ahead!  I hope that you all have a great one! 

Until next time,

10 comments:

Edwina said...

I love his Christmas card! What a great way to combine the images and make such a fantastic card. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Maryann Laursen said...

Such a beautiful card here Lisa, really beautiful. I love the small playing snowmen here, soo cute.

L.Wilson said...

Oh this card is so adorably charming! Love the colors and design and how you pulled in the tiny amounts of the purple color. Thanks for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 52 using a Doodle Pantry image!

Rose said...

So glad you joined us for our CHNC extra challenge this month with this wonderful creation!!
Hope to see you back for our next challenge :)

Karon said...

So adorable and love the image! TFS

susiestacey said...

A lovely card Lisa and a great fun snowman image.
Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderlands 'Lets Get Sentimental' and good luck x Susan x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Lisa, this is just so creative. Your creative has no bounds. I just love the triple tag compilation and the fun snowmen scene. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of December.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Hazel said...

Thank you for entering my CHNC challenge extra for November and my Patterned Paper November challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Gail said...

Fabulous! This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our Snowpeople challenge this month! Hugs, Gail

Leslie said...

Your Believe card is awesome with so many wonderful details! Thank you for playing in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Say It In Color!" challenge this time!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog
Lost Coast Designs
Crafty Cardmakers and more