Thursday, September 25, 2014

Card Design: Imagine That...Progressive Challenge for September

http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.ca/
Hey peeps!  As I mentioned in a special post earlier this month...

http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.ca/2014/09/september-challenge-use-any-imagine.html
Yup!  That's right, Kris opened up this month's progressive challenge so that you can enter using ANY IMAGINE THAT DIGI that you may own (must be an actual image and not just a sentiment).  If you don't own one, you can go over to their Facebook page by clicking HERE and grab a freebie or of course you can purchase any set you would like from the store and use it.  People already part of the progressive challenge can of course use an image from the set, Humphrey's Apples, which has already been mailed out (watermark below) or there is the option of using any Imagine That image.
Well, I tell you, it was a tough decision because I kept going back and forth over whether to make a thank you card using the Humphrey's Apples set or a Christmas card using another set that I own.  In the end the thank you card won.  Remember all those thank you cards I had to make for the hub's siblings to say thank you for a generous monetary gift that we received for our 25th wedding anniversary back at the end of April?  Uh....well...I still haven't made all the cards I need and it is now almost a full five months later.  At the rate I'm going they'll have them in time for Christmas.  At least after this week I now have a total of eight completed.  Only four more to go!  

This set was perfect and I decided to use the colour image so that I could whip out not one, but three thank you cards.  Each has the same front and inside sentiment but I changed up the designer papers on the inside so that they were at least a little bit different.  Check them out...


FRONT
Here is a closer look at the front...
Digital Image Details: 
  • Humphrey's Apples: Click on the name to the left or the watermark above to head to the store page where you can find this image.  As mentioned above, I used the pre-coloured image.  I just love that Kris has this option in all of her sets.
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • The digital sentiment on the front is also from this same set.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • One of my own.

OVERALL
Paper Products:
 
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • All the papers I used on the inside of the cards are from the Recollection's Bold Basics Paper Pad.
Lessons Learned:
  • This is bad, two lessons in one week.  Although I have since learned that reverse embossing is actually 'a thing' that some people do on their cards, so now I don't feel quite so bad about the first lesson.
  • I really need to stop getting distracted when I make cards.  You'll notice that one of the cards also has a designer paper on the left hand side as well.  That is actually an accident.  However, as accidents go, it was a minor one.
  • You see, I was watching the Top Six episode of America's Got Talent and I was so enthralled with the magician that I didn't realize I had glued my paper to the wrong side until it was too late--Now I still haven't seen the finale so please don't mention who won if you know...Back to the card--So, I had to cut out and glue another.  I do wish that I had the time to always add a paper to the inside on the left, as well.  It just makes it look so much more finished but that adds more time on to the card and of course more money because I'm using double the papers.  So, until I can actually start making some money or I get more time on my hands, I can't do this often. 
Other Notes:
  • I kept this particular set of cards very clean and simple for a reason.  Your Scrapbook Place is going back to the basics this month.  They don't want to see any layering, matting, embellishments, embossing, etc.  Participants are to create a card only using the white card front base, ink pads and rubber stamps or digital stamps. They just want to see a basic card in any theme you would like to do.  Your Scrapbook Place is one of the challenge blogs that I have already sponsored a couple times this year and will be doing so again at the beginning of November so I figured I would try and support them by entering their current challenge.
Challenges I am entering...  
Others I am hoping to enter... 
 http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/index.html
I encourage you to go and check out the digis that Kris offers along with the Progressive Free Digi Challenge.  It is another fun place to shop and play. 

Time to get busy working on the next thing on my massive 'to do' list.  I hope that each of you are doing well.  Once again, I'm sorry that I haven't been visiting your blogs as of late.   Please know that while I haven't had the time to stop by, I think of each of you often.

Until next time,


18 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

LOVELY Artwork!
Thank you for joining MOO MANIA & MORE Challenge

sandie said...

Such a fun image and great colouring. What a fab burst of colour when you open the card. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT Challenges x

Rosie said...

A lovely take on our challenge over on MOO-MANIA & MORE.

Thank you so much and have a nice weekend

Unknown said...

Popping by to say thank you for joining us over at Scribble & Scrap! Good Luck!
Jill S&S DT

Shona Chambers said...

This is so adorable!! That image is so cute he is definitely enjoying his apples. I love that you kept the rest of the card white, so he could be the star. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out and we hope to see you again soon!

Barb said...

Very, very nicely done, love the colors and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons Challenge. Barb.

Alyx said...

So bright and cheerful. Lovely thank you card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Linda W. said...

Awesome cards Lisa!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge and supporting us on your blogsite! We all appreciate everything you are doing for the industry as well!!!

Kristine said...

What great cards Lisa!! And loving the inside too - terrific job, you crafty gal *Ü* Thanks for playing in this month's progressive challenge at Imagine That! xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Perfect card for Back to the basics and thanks so much for sponsoring our contest as well. I just love your images and your card!! Cheers, Holley

Just Me said...

I love your Back to Basics card. Clean and simple is pretty much my style. After reading your post I just had to add a CAS board to my pinterest. Your card is among other cards that are entered into the YSBP Back to Basics challenge. Thank you for joining in on our fun.

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful cards and the image is so adorable! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Dawn said...

Brilliant little set of cards, just perfect for our "Colours Of Autumn" challenge. Thanks for sharing your great work with us at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jane Savage said...

So cute!
Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xx

Jane Savage said...

So cute!
Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Absolutely darling, Lisa. Thanks for sharing in our challenge, and please stop by again soon.
God bless,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Lynn said...

Oh how adorable! I love your fabulous coloring. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! progressive challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper