Saturday, August 23, 2014

Card Design: DS4J Progressive Christmas Card Challenge...August

http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.ca/2014/01/monthly-christmas-challenge-january-2014.html
It is time to submit my card to this month's Progressive Christmas Challenge taking place over at DigiStamps4Joy.  One more card to add to the Christmas Card Pot to help me avoid the yearly Christmas Card Panic.  Unfortunately, this will be my only card for August so I'm not going to achieve my goal of adding a minimum of two cards.  Thankfully I got three in last month so that helped make up for this month's shortfall.

Christmas Card Count to date: 17

Here is the sweet DS4J image we get to use this month:

http://digistamps4joy.co.za/eshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=395 
...and here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any important details:

FRONT
Digital Image Details:
  • Santa's Helper:  If you aren't part of the progressive challenge and would like to purchase it so that you can join in, click HERE or on the watermark above to find it in the DS4J store.  Looks like someone is about to get some nice treats?  Wonder if it is me....
    • This image has been coloured in mostly with Copic Markers; although the ground was put in with coloured pencils.  Outfit-head to foot: G000, G00, G02, G05, G09, Y28.  Sack:  R22, R24, R29.  Hair:  Y11, Y13, Y15.  Skin:  E000, E00, E02.  Grounding around the image:  colourless blender and BG000.
Embellishments:
  • The ribbon comes from a stash I got from my momma a while back.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment:
  • One I created in 2012.  You can find it somewhere in the 'Holiday Handout' label if you are interested.

OVERALL
Paper Products: 
  • Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer Papers:  Recollection's Bright Christmas paper pad. 
  • Green used for matting (front & inside) --Michael's open stock scrapbook paper. 
Challenges I hope to enter...

If you are interested in joining the DS4J progressive Christmas card challenge you will need to contact Desíre (her details are at the bottom of the post).  I've linked the badge above to take you to that post. 

Well, one more card is finally done. Don't forget, I have a holiday card link up called the 12 Months of Christmas that you can jump in at any time and add your own holiday cards to. Click HERE for all the details. There is still a little over a week left to link up your two cards for August in order to get your free paper for the month. 

As soon as I'm done here it is time for me to go and get the winners list done for July.  Yes, I'm running rather behind.  What else is new!

Hopefully I'll see you in just a little while.  Until then,



6 comments:

Marina said...

Beautifully coloured in and I love your glittery ribbon. Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Design perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas thank you for sharing with us, hope to see you again next week.....
Hugs
Suzy B (Owner)
XX

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 26 and all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa once again this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Loving her sassy green suit and the pretty sparkly ribbons. And of course the inside is beautifully finished off. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of September.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the image and layering pieces! thanks for joining CHNC Extra for August!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the image and your layering...Thanks for sharing with CHNC Extra for August!