Saturday, June 28, 2014

Card Design: Imagine That...Progressive Challenge for June

http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.ca/
It is time to upload my creation for the Imagine That Progressive Challenge.  I continue to be so grateful that I am part of this wonderful progressive challenge.  I really love Kris' work and am thrilled to get the opportunity to earn a fabulous new set each month by linking up.  I'm cutting it a bit close this month with my creation but I have finally managed to get it done!
This month the image that everyone who is part of the progressive challenge gets to play with, is the whole set, Poolside Penguins...
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p227/Poolside_Penguins.html
OMG!  These guys are just too stinkin' cute.  I've always been a big fan of penguins (in fact, our main floor bathroom is decorated with them), so I had an absolute blast with this month's kit.  This time around you get the option of three different images, not just one, and as always, you can work with either one of the colour images, one of the line art images or maybe even one of each!  This particular set also comes with an amazing twelve different sentiments providing you with incredible variety!  If you missed out, you can still play along by either purchasing this set in the store (click on the image name or watermark above), OR if you spend $10 (in one order) in the month of June, you can let Kris know in the "Note to Seller" part when checking out, that you'd like the Poolside Penguins set and she'll email it to you.  Of course, you better get moving if you are interested because there are only a couple days left to the month!

Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything... 

General Comments:
 
  • This month I opted to work with the pre-coloured version of the stamp.  As much as I REALLY wanted to colour in the image by hand, I just couldn't find the extra time needed to do so.  It has been a whirlwind of a week trying to catch up from being out of town the previous one.  I'm almost caught up with all my projects thank goodness! Being able to work with the pre-coloured image saved me some valuable time.  Thanks Kris for that option always being available!
  • This card has also been designed 100% digitally and then printed out and assembled as a physical card. 
  • Now that I look back on my card, I could have used all three images.  I could have put a different one on top of the sentiment and the third on the left hand side of the inside.  Of course, hindsight is always twenty-twenty.
  • For the front of my card, I used an old sketch from From the Heart Stamps, just adding a couple elements.  I just love their sketches!

 FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Poolside Penguins: Details for how to get a hold of it are included underneath the set preview in the above section.
  • As I mentioned above, I used one of the pre-coloured images.
Digital Embellishments: 
  • I added some shapes to the front and used a layer style from Star Sunflower Studio.  I also created a circular shape to serve as matting.  Bevels were added to all.    
Embellishments:
  • I added two black buttons from a container picked up at Giant Tiger.
INSIDE
Digital Image Details: 
  • I repeated the same image on the inside.  I just thought it added a little extra something.
Digital Sentiment Details: 
 
OVERALL
Paper Products:
 
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white
Digital Paper: 
  • The background paper (front and inside) is from the California Cool kit designed by Valerie Foster from ComputerScrapbook.com.   I adjusted the colour slightly to better match the colours within the image.
Challenges I am hoping to enter... 
 http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/index.html
I encourage you to go and check out the digis that Kris offers along with the Progressive Free Digi Challenge.  It is another fun place to shop and play. 

Well guys, one more card and post done. Now I've got some DT work and bunches of other stuff that need attending too so I will say adieu to you all for now.  Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

Until next time,

10 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

This is soooo cute!!! Just love that you have used the image again on the inside with that fabulous sentiment! Really really clever!

Maryann Laursen said...

I couldn´t agree more to anything, it IS stinking cute and I absolutely LOVE the card you made here. Sooo perfect for a summer greeting, that´s for sure.

Unknown said...

Fun in the sun. The buttons and image are lovely. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Many Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I love your Poolside Penguin card. The sketch you followed is great. I love your pretty paper. Buttons, Yay! I love the way buttons add such charm to a card. Thanks for sharing.
So sorry I have not been by in a few days. Life has been crazy, So I will try to catch up here today. Edwina Brown

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Lisa super cool digi set and super cool card love it hun hugs Judith x

shirley-bee said...

What a cute penguin image! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

Desire Fourie said...

Such a fun and cute card Lisa. Love the buttons on the front and the miniature image on the inside.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Lisa! Your pengie card is adorable - and the digital set, precolored, looks like it would be fun to use!

Your Gerda Designs kitty and puppy are very sweetly colored.

Wonderful cards, friend! hugs, de

Sharon Smith said...

what an adorable card -thanks for sharing it with us at Scribble and Scrap xx

Mary Lou said...

Wow this is Too dern CUTE!!!! Love the little penguin:) Thanks for joining in the HB fun challenge at Creatalicious!!
Hugs