This month, I decided to create a Thank You card. I mentioned yesterday that I have a few of these to create and a couple of the kits that I have from Doodle Pantry were perfect for putting this card together.
Remember, Doodle Pantry challenges are unique. If you use a Doodle Pantry image (not just a sentiment) then not only will your name be entered for a final prize coupon BUT you will also get the featured product for free. That is pretty darn incredible!!! Now of course, you are welcome to submit cards following the rules and theme using an image from any digital company but you will only be entered into the draw for the final prize coupon.
Check out the amazing featured product up for grabs in this month's challenge, for those who do enter using a Doodle Pantry image...
Look at all those goodies!!! Perfect for all those love themed cards that you'll need to work on in the next couple weeks. Now I don't know about you, but for me that it is darn good incentive to create a card and enter the challenge. Everyone is a winner AND unlike progressive challenges where if you miss a challenge you lose the opportunity to play in future ones, the challenge at Doodle Pantry is set so that ANYONE can enter at ANY time, and still have the opportunity to earn the freebie package (following the rules of course).
Here are the great kits I worked with for this month. It is actually the set I received last month for entering. Check it out...
The image I used on the front of the card is the one of the great precoloured bird/birdhouse images available in the Tweet House set which is still available for free over at Doodle Pantry. You can click HERE to grab that freebie or on the watermark.
I also took advantage of one of Doodle Pantry's digital papers which I got from the Choo Choo kit. This kit is also still available for free. You can click HERE to grab this particular freebie or also on the watermark.
Here are my card and details, hopefully I haven't forgotten anything...
- Tweet House Coloured: Aren't those birdies just so adorable?! I chose once again to use a pre-coloured image to help save me a little bit of time.
- The sentiment I used on the front was created by Phooka. Unfortunately though, the address I had is no longer valid and it gets rerouted somewhere else and since it is in a different language and I can't seem to find any images anywhere I don't know if that is the right spot. Additionally, when I did a search, I found Digis by Phooka listed in the top 100 digital listings but the blog it lead me to was some music review blog that had nothing in it. Not sure what is up there. Anyone know where Phooka went?
- I created this frame using a shape and a layer style from Shelby Kate Schmitz (SKS) of graphicssoft.about.com.
- The strips on the front are just shapes I created using the colours found within the paper.
- The flowers are ones I created using a template from Marisa Lerin, a designer with Pixel Scrapper. The have been altered using layer styles from the Scrappin' Cop.
- The tag shape for my sentiment is also a template from Marisa Lerin. This time altered with a layer style from SKS.
- For the inside of my card, I went with one from Create With TLC that I have used before. This is such a versatile sentiment that it can be used over and over again for many different occasions. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
- I used one of the papers in the Doodle Pantry Choo Choo set.
- Once again, I have relied on digital creation for putting this card together. Precoloured images just lend themselves so well to this kind of creating. This card is 100% digital and then printed off as a one layer card that technically has 5 different layers.
- Once again, since all the depth is achieved digitally, it is a bonus as it doesn't create any extra bulk or weight, keeping the mailing cost down!
- Doodle Pantry -- Challenge #42--Any Digi Goes
- http://disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Spots and Dots
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Anything Goes
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Anything Goes
- http://nutcrafters.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/challenge-59-anything-goes_8.html -- Anything Goes
- http://ladybugcrafts.blogspot.ca/ -- Give Thanks (While I technically don't have 'thank you written on the card, it is still a thank you card)
Well guys, that is it for this post. As soon as I enter some challenges, it is time to go and make supper.
Until next time,