It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.This month for Challenge #11, the theme is Remembrance With Fancy Folds. Remembrance can mean many things to different people. For some it can be about honouring those individuals who have risked and those who continue to risk their lives to keep us safe. For others it can be about wanting to note a special occasion that may have happened in the past. It can be about nostalgia or it could be about remembering a loved one who is no longer with us. Let's remember someone or something important with a project with the added optional design theme of fancy folds.
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme. You can enter as many times as you'd like AS LONG AS YOU USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE; or, if you choose to enter the challenge using another artist's image you are limited to three entries. As always, you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges and we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking, plus the standard rules of linking your blog post and mentioning Scribbles Designs in your post. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on December 14th.
The winner, chosen by Random.org will receive three digital images. If you use a Scribbles Designs image, please add SD after your name--example: Lisa SD--and your name will be entered twice into the drawing for the prize. Additionally, there will be one digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team. We look forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's theme. There also might be some extra recognition or prizes, you just never know.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE.
You can also find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's pretty new tangle doodle images aptly named Remembrance. Click on the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I decided I wanted to keep this card very clean and simple. I wanted the image and message to be the star of the show and I also wanted to stick to only the three colours: red, white and black. That is why I decided to not colour the image in. Besides, Sandy's tangle doodle images have so much detail in them, that they can easily stand alone simply as line art.
- By keeping the card CAS it also gave me the opportunity to work with adding some texture. I think I am addicted now. How did I ever live without embossing before?! So I present to you my first ever attempt at using embossing folders.
- Remembrance: Information for where to buy this image is included above.
- The image was coloured in Publisher before printing to match the deep red of the paper I was using for matting.
- One I created to lead into the inside verse.
close up to see sentiment and embossing detail...
- One I created and released back in March during the start of my 100 followers celebration. If you are interested in this sympathy verse you can go HERE to grab it.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Papers:
- Deep red cardstock used as matting (front & inside)----Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- Unfortunately my embossing folder is downstairs right now but I believe the brand is called Goosebumpz. I used a tiny dot as there were little circles in the design of the image and I thought that it complimented the overall look.
(sorry but in order to save me some time, I am just including the hyperlink as opposed to setting up the name and linking it to the challenge blog. Every second I save these days counts.)
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Add a sentiment
- http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes
- http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Remembrance
- http://www.totallygorjuss.blogspot.ca/ --Remember
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,