Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Card Design: Ike's World Challenge #2...Awareness

I am so pleased to announce to you all that I am now a proud member of the new and wonderful...


I am thrilled to bits to be part of this amazing group of talented women and it is always cool to be part of an inaugural team.  If you've happened to have seen all my Saturday Showcases, then you already know how much a fan I am of the incredibly talented woman Ike, and her work.  I've spotlights some of her amazing creations in at least three showcases over the past year!  I've even managed to use some of her digis in my creations.  I've wanted to do more but my DT work with other artists always keeps me hopping.

Well, they say that when one door closes another opens.  While I haven't personally announced it yet on my own blog, some of you may have heard that San from San's Design is taking a break for personal reasons (however she is keeping the store open).  Since I will no longer be creating regularly scheduled cards or posts for that team in the foreseeable future, I jumped at the chance to apply for Ike's World Challenges.   And, YaY!  I actually managed to make it!

So starting today, expect to meet some of the outstanding artwork from Ike's Art making an appearance on this blog every two weeks.  I am soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!  Ike got such a huge response that she has divided the team into two groups.  This way you will get to see some fabulous creations every single week on the challenge blog.  Cool eh?!

So without further ado, how about I show you what I created for my first ever Ike's World DT submission...

General Information:
  • For my first project, I decided to incorporate an image that I coloured into a digital layout.
Digital Image:
  • Awareness:  This stunning image is called 'Awareness' and you can purchase it in the store by checking out the 'My Latest Designs' section.  I've linked the watermark below to go straight to the store.
    • I've coloured the image using Copic Markers.  Skin:  E000, E00, E02, R20.  Ribbon:   RV00, RV02, RV04.
    • If the image looks familiar to you, it might be because you saw it on a card I did for the Path of Positivity challenge when we did the theme of  'Strength'.
    • After the images was printed out and coloured, I then scanned and uploaded it to my program so that I could incorporate it into a digital layout.
Digital Sentiment:
  • The digital sentiment is one I created but haven't released yet.
Other Credits:
  • All of the remaining digital elements that I have used for this layout (except for the darker pink frame which I created myself) are from the kit called 'Another Tea Party' created by Correen Silke, a contributor to {computer}scrapbook.com.
Challenges I hope to enter:
I hope to be able to enter some challenges later this week and/or month with the help of a friend.

So be sure to come and play along with us during the next two weeks over at Ike's World Challenges. You can find out everything you need to know in order to play, by heading to the challenge blog.  I've linked the logo below to take you there.  While you are over there, please be sure to check out the incredible creations offered up by my fellow DT members.
Until next time,
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love it! And congratulations.

Hugs~

Patti

Natasha said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, love this image so much. TFS. Hugs xNX

Pia S said...

This is a lovely card, Lisa. I love the sentiment you've used, and your colors and beautiful feminine image - such perfect choices for the theme of your card!

Karon said...

Beautiful creation, what a gorgeous image. TFS

KristyLee said...

Lisa,
Your 1st project turned out very beautiful, you colored Ike's digi quite nicely! Great job !
Peace,
KristyLee

Crafting Vicky said...

That is really awesome. And I'm so glad you kicked my butt so that I would try out as well and that we both made it!!! ;o) Fabulous to be on another team with you.

Matney said...

Oh wow, I did not realize that you made it digital. Looks great and all those embellishments look so real, like the pearls. Nice!

Edwina said...

So pretty! love the flowers on your card. Edwina brown

Mimi said...

Fabulous card Lisa, love your colouring and oh, what a beautiful sentiment to add to this creation :) Hugs Jane your IKEsWORLD DT sister :) xx

ike said...

AWESOME Lisa !!! This is one fabulous digi piece and I LUV it :-) Thanks for coming to join me on my Team :-D
Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxxxxx