Sunday, September 01, 2013

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge # 7 Midway Point

I honestly can't believe the summer is almost over.  Well, technically it is over since most kids are back to school or headed there on Tuesday.  Officially though, there is still 21 days 'til the start of fall.  Woo Hoo!

Okay, so on that note, it is time to present my midway card for the Scribbles Design Challenge blog.  There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this month is 'Clean and Simple (CAS)'.  Do I need to say more?
Entering is super simple:
  • You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice.  You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE.
  • Follow the theme of the challenge. 
  • Enter as many times as you'd like.
  • Combine your entry with other challenges.  
  • New projects/cards only - no back linking.  
You have until 9pm PST on September 14th to come over and play with us. Winners, chosen by Random.org, receive 3 digital images; additionally, there will be 1 digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team and possibly some other goodies too.  

I had a chance to create a project to help provide you with a little extra inspiration.  Here are the card details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Information:
  • I have several pieces of 12 x 12 papers that are partially used, that have some sort of larger type design on just one or two areas, or running down a certain part of the page.  You know what I'm talking about right?  Those pages meant for scrapbookers and not card makers?  Well, I've been looking for a way to use some of these pieces.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to use the 11 & 1/2 by 7 inch Eiffel Tower for anything soon but I did manage to figure out what to do with one of the pieces I had.
  • A few weeks ago I showed you the card I made that was for my first ever sale.  It was a 50th anniversary card.  Well, the paper page that I used for this card had this really pretty rose and leaf design going on in each of the lower corners.  I now have four of them to play with as I had to basically cut the centres out of two of the sheets from the pad for the base pieces of that anniversary card.  Well, I've managed to finally use one of them in my card today and I seriously think the image I used was meant to go with it.
FRONT
Digital Image:
  • Single Rose:  I love the simple beauty of Sandy's floral images and have wanted to work with this rose for awhile now.  Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location in the store.
  •  I coloured it using Copic markers.  The petals are done with Y11, Y13, & Y15 and the leaves and stem with YG61, YG63, and YG67.  Here is a closer look at those pretty petals...

Embellishments:
  • The ribbon is Celebrate It brand from Michael's.
INSIDE
Digital Sentiment:
  • Once I knew what I was going to do for the front, then I had to figure out what kind of card this should be and since I don't have any spare get well cards, that is what I decided to go with.  This great sentiment that was already partially coloured in yellow to perfectly match my colour scheme, is from the amazingly generous Paulette from Create with TLC.  Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store. 
OVERALL 
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, ivory.
  • Designer Paper:  DP used on the front is from the pad called, 'Today, Tomorrow, Forever' from Me and My Big Ideas available at Michael's.
  • The shimmery green cardstock used on the front and inside as matting is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.

I and the team would love to see what you create, so if you haven't already, please enter into our current challenge.  Scribbles is always a fun place to be!

Until next time,

  
 


7 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

Fabulous way to use that left over piece!!! Love that it complements the image.

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Lisa and sure to make the recipient's day.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Edwina said...

beautiful card! I love that rose. great background paper. Edwina Brown

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Hi sweetie!! Gorgeous card!! Love how your patterned paper matches the colored flower so well and beautifully too!!

Karon said...

Wonderful rose and love the papers! TFS

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! Love the way you were able to use the left-over paper - it matches your image perfectly!

Take care,
Kitty

Tlc Creations said...

Your card turned out beautifully~! I love how you used the patterned paper. Very unique layout.
Paulette