Saturday, May 04, 2013

An Explanation For My Absence and a Freebie!

Hey everyone.  It's been several days since you've heard anything from me and since I said I'd be back to my normal posts as of yesterday and I wasn't, I figure an explanation is in order.

Unfortunately, late Tuesday evening, we lost Internet connection.  There had been an area outage earlier in the day but when the area outage was fixed, we were still left without any connection.  A repair man was scheduled to come in this morning but late yesterday afternoon we found ourselves connected again.  As it stands, the repair man is stumped since it obviously isn't our modem (which was the first thing they suspected).  This also means we don't know if it is back for good since we don't know why we lost it in the first place!

Over the duration of that time without access to the Internet, and  over the course of 4 email accounts, I ended up with a total of 591 messages to go through and approximately 75 that will need written replies.  So, for those of you who have sent me an email and are expecting an answer, please know that I will get to it as soon as humanly possibly.  If it was urgent, just resend it so that it gets added to the top of the list.  This of course also means that the showcase and spotlight will not resume until next weekend as well.  Additionally, since I put out my 'Friday Flashback' on the first Friday of the month, I'm going to have to defer that post until next month now.  I'm not sure if there will be a 'Wonderful Wednesday's' post this week but be rest assured that by the end of May you'll have four things for this month's kit.  Sunday is the last day to enter in the Path to Positivity challenge and voting begins Monday so as long as I stay connected, I'll definitely be putting out a reminder post.  I'm working on finishing up the 'Congratulatory Considerations for April' post and it will hopefully be going out later this week.  A little bit later than I hoped but there is nothing I can do about it.  Life sometimes sneaks in and throws us curve balls that we have to deal with.  While inconvenient, this was just a tiny curve ball when viewing the bigger picture of life.  I'm lucky that the problem was simply an Internet connection issue.

So to thank you all for your patience as I work through the backlog and keep up with all my present obligations, here is a little treat...


I thought that this quote is apt and I'm sure that you'll be able to use it for cards when you are trying to encourage others dealing with a difficult situation.  The image above is one solid png but I've also provided it as three separate images so that you could divide the quote between the front and inside of a card and then place the quote credit line where you want.


 



For some reason, when I separate the quotes and save the parts individually, the image size changes so it might be necessary to resize some parts so that they end up being relatively the same size.

I guess that is it for now.  I'm off to do some more catching up before I head down to make some supper.  It is going to be a rather packed few days so wish me luck!

Until next time,


Fonts Used:
Click the font names to take you to a download location.  These fonts are free for commercial use.
 
If you are not sure how to copy the image, check out the download instructions page.   If you haven't already, please become familiar with my terms of use found in the copyright tab at the top of this page.  Quick summary of Terms of Use: 
 
  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creation.  You may sell handmade creations using one of these sentiments.  Just be sure to become familiar with my full terms of use.
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Pinterest®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.

11 comments:

Sandy S said...

Wow! What a whirlwind! Thanks for the update and remember our deadline... (there isn't one!) LOL :)

Hugs to you my good friend... glad you enjoyed the SWars images...

Hugs,
S

K8 said...

Good to see you again!! I have miss you....you take care and have a great day!! Hugs Kate

Desire Fourie said...

Hi Lisa. I can definitely relate to the frustration of no internet, as it also happens to us from time to time, but you definitely have an angel getting you connected out of the blue. Thanks again for the lovely sentiment. I need to quickly enter another one or two cards to your wonderful challenge.
Happy catching up on all those emails.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Monica =) said...

Hello Lisa!
Internet not functioning as it should would frustrate me a lot, too!

Thanks a lot for the sentiment and for splitting it as well. I like how you use a part on the front and the rest for the inside, so I'll give it a go as well!

Hugs, Monica

Mandy said...

Oh no, no internet. How blooming frustrating. It is amazing how much we rely on connectivity these days isn't it. I almost can't remember life without the 'tinternet yet it isn't all the far back really is it?

So many emails though to go through, that is just a mark of how popular you are :)

Love Mandy xxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Lisa, so sorry about your trouble with the internet. It can be aggravating...Thanks so much for this lovely sentiment. joann sassy raggedy

Edwina said...

It is awful what not being on the computer can cause. I know it takes awhile to get caught up. I am getting ready to be without a computer for 7 days stating Friday. It will take forever to get caught up. thank you for the sentiments. Edwina Brown

Unknown said...

Amazing how dependent we've become to technology. It wasn't that long ago when there wasn't an internet. Glad everything is up and running again for you. Hugs my friend,
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Jacq said...

I feel for you, I hate it when the internet disappears, makes you wonder how we survived all those years without it. LOL Hope you get caught up soon and thanks for the great freebie!

Crafting Vicky said...

so very glad to see you back online ;)

Vada said...

This is cool!