If you are new to my blog and would like to know why I started Motivational Mondays, please go HERE.
You know the expression 'Carpe Diem'? Horace, the first century Roman poet is quoted as saying, "“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.” Those words may have been spoken over 2000 years ago but they are still relevant to this day. It is important for all of us to lead fulfilling lives, not only because we don't know how much time we have but also because it makes us a better person in general.
Now for the most part, none of us are really free to sit around and do exactly what we'd like to all day long. We have responsibilities. We have families to take care of and nurture. However, if we don't spend at least part of our day doing something we love, being with people we want to be with, taking some time for ourselves; we will never be fulfilled.
Remember when you are in a plane and they are going through the emergency procedures, what is the first thing they tell you if you have children? If the masks drop, you get your own on first. Then you worry about getting them on your dependents. Well, the same goes for life. If you don't take care of your own needs, you can't be all that you can be for those around you. You need to try new things, do what you want to and experience life to the fullest, even it it is only for a short period each day.
Be a better you for yourself, and you will be a better you for everyone else!
NOT FOR DOWNLOAD. THIS IS NOT A FREEBIE. However, the quote on its own is available as a freebie further on in the post.
Sorry for the big and bold 'not for download' statement but I need to make sure that it is clear. You guys are used to being able to download my digital graphics but NOT when they are created using another artist's image with strictly PUO terms. Digital stamps and images are not available for redistribution whether alone or part of a new creation unless explicit permission has been given from the designer.
- The majority of the elements in this design are from San's wonderful 'Purple and Dots Digital Scrapbooking Kit' which you can find in the store HERE. The set includes seven papers, an alphabet (including å, ä and ö), and twenty elements. The only element that was not in the kit was the purple rectangle which I made so that I could have a lighter space for the quote.
- San introduced the kit back at the end of January (you can click HERE to go to the post where she introduced the kit). As part of that introduction she showed us a couple designs she had made using one of the quick pages in the kit. Right then and there I was inspired to create one of my one. Here is the design by San that inspired me:
- Isn't this just beautiful? I just knew that this would be the perfect kit
to play around with to create my own version of a 'live life to the
fullest' sentiment for a Motivational Mondays post. So
stealingborrowing some creative inspiration from San I came up with the one I displayed up top.
- As you guys know, when I create my digital designs I usually just combine
photographs and quotes and perform a little magic. This is the first
time where I have taken elements from a kit and manipulated them to come
up with a design. This may be the first thing I create with it but it certainly
won't be the last. I love all the different items San has put
together. Now I just need the practice in coming up with layouts!
- You can pick up the quick pages from the kit by clicking on the image below. It will take you to the original post where San introduced the kit and the freebie can be picked up there.
- Here is the quote on its own as your freebie for today.
- If anyone wants it separated into two, just drop me an e-mail. Unfortunately, if I actually want this Motivational Monday post to get out while it is still Monday, I don't have time right now to create it but will if there is interest. The font is Beyond Wonderland, is free for commercial use and is available HERE.
Until next time,
- Do not claim the image as your own.
- Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creation.
- Do not share my images with family, friends, etc. Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc. Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
- If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
- Leave a comment on my blog. It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed. Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.