Monday, March 18, 2013

Live Life to the Fullest

If you are new to my blog and would like to know why I started Motivational Mondays, please go HERE.
____________________________________________________________
 You know the expression 'Carpe Diem'?  Horace, the first century Roman poet  is quoted as saying, "“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”   Those words may have been spoken over 2000 years ago but they are still relevant to this day.  It is important for all of us to lead fulfilling lives, not only because we don't know how much time we have but also because it makes us a better person in general.  

Now for the most part, none of us are really free to sit around and do exactly what we'd like to all day long.  We have responsibilities.  We have families to take care of and nurture.  However, if we don't spend at least part of our day doing something we love, being with people we want to be with, taking some time for ourselves; we will never be fulfilled.  

Remember when you are in a plane and they are going through the emergency procedures, what is the first thing they tell you if you have children?  If the masks drop, you get your own on first.  Then you worry about getting them on your dependents.  Well, the same goes for life.  If you don't take care of your own needs, you can't be all that you can be for those around you.  You need to try new things, do what you want to and experience life to the fullest, even it it is only for a short period each day.  

Be a better you for yourself, and you will be a better you for everyone else!

NOT FOR DOWNLOAD.  THIS IS NOT A FREEBIE.  However, the quote on its own is available as a freebie further on in the post.

Sorry for the big and bold 'not for download' statement but I need to make sure that it is clear.  You guys are used to being able to download my digital graphics but NOT when they are created using another artist's image with strictly PUO terms.  Digital stamps and images are not available for redistribution whether alone or part of a new creation unless explicit permission has been given from the designer.
 
Image Details:  
  • The majority of the elements in this design are from San's wonderful 'Purple and Dots Digital Scrapbooking Kit' which you can find in the store HERE.  The set includes seven papers, an alphabet (including å, ä and ö), and twenty elements. The only element that was not in the kit was the purple rectangle which I made so that I could have a lighter space for the quote.

  • San introduced the kit back at the end of January (you can click HERE to go to the post where she introduced the kit).  As part of that introduction she showed us a couple designs she had made using one of the quick pages in the kit.  Right then and there I was inspired to create one of my one.  Here is the design by San that inspired me: 

  • Isn't this just beautiful?  I just knew that this would be the perfect kit to play around with to create my own version of a 'live life to the fullest' sentiment for a Motivational Mondays post.  So stealing borrowing some creative inspiration from San I came up with the one I displayed up top.
  • As you guys know, when I create my digital designs I usually just combine photographs and quotes and perform a little magic.  This is the first time where I have taken elements from a kit and manipulated them to come up with a design. This may be the first thing I create with it but it certainly won't be the last.  I love all the different items San has put together.  Now I just need the practice in coming up with layouts! 
  • You can pick up the quick pages from the kit by clicking on the image below.  It will take you to the original post where San introduced the kit and the freebie can be picked up there. 
  •  Here is the quote on its own as your freebie for today. 

  •  If anyone wants it separated into two, just drop me an e-mail.  Unfortunately, if I actually want this Motivational Monday post to get out while it is still Monday, I don't have time right now to create it but will if there is interest.  The font is Beyond Wonderland, is free for commercial use and is available HERE.

Until next time,



Quick summary of Terms of Use:   
  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creation.
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.



 

6 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

WOW this is a totally profound blog post!!!! So very true but so hard to do!!!! I really love the quote you have as well and of course the digital card is fabulous.

Desire Fourie said...

Very creative digital designs Lisa. Thank you so much for the wobderful quote sentiment which I will be able to put to good creative use.
{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

ike said...

Very cool page Lisa and great quote - thank you for that. I saw this kit but couldn't get anything to download properly at the time. I went back and visited today and I snagged the two QPs :-)
IKE xxxx

Made by Mandy said...

This is such a positive and inspirational post and I couldn't agree more. The key to happiness is seeing the positives in every day things and drip feeding ourselves with a little bit of happiness every day. We need to be happy in our own lives and appreciate things we have, the new car or bright shiny object with not bring us happiness, only a large price tag and even worse debt. I think as crafters we get to play all the time and absorb ourselves in something that makes us happy, and we give to others in the process, thus spreading our happiness to other people.

Have a wonderful day Lisa xxx

Charlene Mitchell said...

Awesome quote - thanks so much Lisa! I love San's work and you have done a beautiful layout with her kit!

Edwina said...

How beautiful! I love the card you made. Love the sentiment. Thank you so much. Edwina Brown