Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holiday Handouts: Easter Goodies

For those of us who celebrate Easter, it is a joyous weekend ahead.  I know that in Canada, Friday is a stat holiday, so for us here, it is a long weekend.  If you are in PEI it is an extra long weekend because Easter Monday is considered a provincial holiday and apparently it is optional in Alberta. My understanding of Quebec is that either Friday or Monday must be observed.  Of course, anyone working in the federal government gets Friday and Monday off.  Now I learned something new about my own country today when researching this.  I was always under the impression that Easter Sunday was a stat holiday but it isn't.  Stores are often closed in different municipalities around the country but it is not considered a National holiday.  Huh!

As far as the rest of world goes, interestingly enough, Good Friday and Easter are not holidays at the National level for my friends south of the border, in the US.  Some states observe Good Friday as a state holiday and many businesses do close down on Easter Sunday so I guess it depends on where someone lives in the US as to whether this is a long weekend.   In the British Isles, France and New Zealand, it is my understanding that Friday and Monday are national holidays too.  In Sweden and Germany, the public holiday falls on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.  Greece shares the same three holidays but they don't celebrate them until the first weekend of May which I found very interesting!   In South Africa they get Good Friday off and the Monday after Easter but it is referred to as Family Day over there.  Now, have I forgotten anyone?  I have tried to cover all the places that I know of for sure where I have readers from.  If I have missed your location, I'd love to learn what days are observed in your country. 

 Obviously, Easter is both a Christian and pagan holiday from the spiritual side of things and I know we are a world made of many cultures and religions.  So, even if you don't celebrate the actual holiday of Easter, odds are the majority of you out there will be getting a little extra time off this week.

I have a couple Easter treats for you.  I realize it is too late for any Easter projects you may be putting together this year, but there is always next.

All of these creations were made using images from the ever-talented Romiposer 11.  I just love her stuff and have so much fun putting together digital designs based on her work.  Keep in mind though, that these combined images are for PERSONAL USE ONLY.  No selling is allowed because of the TOU of both Romiposer 11 and the creators of some of the fonts used.

 Fonts:  Scriptina Pro-CU and Academia SSI-unknown
 

  Font:  KG True Colors-PUO


  Fonts:  Alex Brush-CU Oil-CU

Now based on that same theme but without the Easter related symbols...

Fonts:  Cupid de Locke-PUO


Now for those of you who absolutely have to be able to sell what you use, I offer you some phrases in different colours...




 Font:  Bunnywunny-CU





  Font:  Easter Bunny-CU





 Font:  Easter Sunrise-CU

Wherever you are, what ever you do this upcoming weekend, I wish you the best.  May you spend it doing what you love surrounded by the people you love most.

Until next time,
 
Combined Images and Sentiments
Please note that due to the nature of these designs, you may not use them on products you intend to sell since several of the fonts and ALL the images are for personal use only with no profit generation.  If you use any of these combined images and sentiments, please ensure that you also credit Romiposer 11 for her part of the design. 

Fonts Used: 
Click the font names to take you to a download location.  CU-commercial use allowed.  PUO--Personal use only.

If you are not sure how to copy the image, check out the download instructions page.   If you haven't already, please become familiar with my terms of use found in the copyright tab at the top of this page.  Quick summary of Terms of Use:   
  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' & 'Romiposer 11' somewhere on your creation for any of the combined images and sentiments.
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Pinterest®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.


 

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Happy Easter Lisa. We have a long weekend here in South Africa as well, with today, Friday and Monday being holidays. Thanks for alk the lovely goodies you have shared.
{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Suze said...

Thanks for all the freebies Lisa. Just to expand on New Zealand - we have two and a half days per year that the shops are not meant to open - Good Friday and Christmas Day plus ANZAC Day (25th April) until 1pm. However, there are a few shops that open anyway on Good Friday and end up getting fined. However, they always get more money in than what the fine is so they keep doing it year after year!! Schools have Monday and Tuesday off and most office workers have Monday off. Easter Sunday is considered a holiday but many shops are open as they are allowed to - so for many they still have to work! My son's school had a teacher only day last Thursday so he is getting a six day weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Lisa these are fabulous! Thanks for sharing them. You are always so generous with your images and fonts! We are all lucky to have you in our lives my friend. Happy Easter and big hugs,
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Unknown said...

Awesome post Lisa, I learned so much, still learning through your comments! Happy Easter to you and your Hubby, Thanks for the beautiful freebies!!! lots of love bestie!!!!! Hugs

Stef H said...

you are so generous with your fabulous images. THANK YOU.

happy, happy easter. may your day be filled with wonder, love and blessings.

hugs :)

Sandy S said...

Great post Lisa! I agree with Naomi! One learns so much from your posts!

Sandy S

Made by Mandy said...

In the UK Good Friday and Easter Monday are Bank Holidays and as part of the Sunday Trading Laws the shops have to close on Easter Sunday and Christmas Day if it falls on a Sunday. Some smaller shops that sell 'essentials; and newspapers open as do petrol stations but all the big stores are closed.

I have spent a lovely day with friends at a children's farm feeding and petting bunnies, lambs and sheep and cute little goats. I even saw some 6 week old ginger piglets :) Our friend's Grand daughter is 4 and as exciteable as me so we both really enjoyed it and it was the perfect day to visit.

Hope you have a lovely Easter Lisa and maybe a visit from the Easter Bunny.

Love Mandy xxx

Crafting Vicky said...

I didn't post on this. Just looooove this post. Awesome images. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!!

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I am running behind on getting my sentiments. Actually I am running behind on a lot of stuff right now. Thank you for these Easter sentiments. They are very pretty. Edwina Brown