Monday, January 28, 2013

Cherry Delivered With Extra Sprinkles

If you are new to my blog and would like to know why I started Motivational Mondays, please go HERE.
____________________________________________________________________ 

Remember last week when I spotlighted Patsy's card (from Smookiedo) and she had been so surprised that her card had been chosen for a top three placing?  Then, remember what I said in my response:
I know I am not supposed to covet anything (sorry God) but in my heart of hearts, I so wish for the day when I make a top three or top five.  Heck I'd even be thrilled to make a top ten!  As I told Patsy in the comment I left congratulating her, anyone can win through a random generator but to have your card singled out and chosen to be part of the top tier?  Well, to me that is the cherry on top of the sundae.  Sure, there might not be a prize associated with top three but the sense of pride and accomplishment is such an enormous reward all in its own. 
Remember last Monday, in the Motivational Monday post when I talked about the concept of Think*Believe*Achieve.

Well the universe received the message because the cherry has been delivered--with extra sprinkles on top.

While skimming through the winners list over at Feline Playful on Saturday, I came across the name Lisa as a top five achiever over at Eclectic Ellapu.  I thought to myself, "Self, that couldn't possibly be us could it?".  So we I went looking and it wasn't us me.  I hadn't entered the challenge they were referring to.  However, it made me realize that I hadn't been over there to check on the winner for the challenge I did enter back at the beginning of January.  Actually it made me realize that I haven't checked on ANY of the challenges I entered with the card I created for my GDT spot with Love to Create.  I forget to bring that appointment forward in my calendar.

So, I figured I'd better scroll through and see who the winners were of the challenge I did enter.  After checking out the winning cards I glanced at the top five listing and lo and behold, the name Lisa D. was listed there in the second spot (order of entry) with a little number 15 sitting beside it.  So I thought to my self, "self, could that possibly be us they are talking about?".  In all our my travels of blogs and challenges we've I've seen a lot of Lisa's but never any other Lisa D.'s.    I proceeded to go back and find the challenge, skim through the list and what do you know?  My little card for the twins birthday was sitting front and present in the number 15 spot.  

So, after that was done I decided I better check on the other 26 challenges I entered that particular card into.  Would you believe I found my name in another top tier list?  This time it was over at Glitter 'n Sparkle and I made top three!  Top three!  Top three, hee hee!  This time it was even more of a surprise because it only listed my first name and not my initial so I really didn't get my hopes up when looking for entry number 51 but sure enough it was actually me.  Now have you noticed that the first number I placed with was 15 and now the second is 51.  Do, do, do, do--do, do, do, do (and if you don't know what that reference is to, check out Saturday's post).

I would like to thank the following people for making this happen...
First thanks to Joann who chose me to be the GDT for Love to Create's challenge # 47--winter wonderland.  Thanks to the sponsor QKR Stampede for the adorable image I got to use.  Thanks to the twins for needing a birthday card.  Thanks to Blair and Nicole for having the twins!  Especially thanks to my husband for all the love and support he is providing me in my new adventure.  Thanks to....oh, apparently I've run out of time for the rest of my thank you speech...moving on...

So, call me gobsmacked and covered in little red gemstones.  I got me that cherry on the top of the sundae.  You have no idea how THRILLED I am and of course I had to share my good news with all my bloggy friends.

See, some dreams do come true?  It's all about having the right attitude.  So, what are you dreaming of this week and what goals are you setting to achieve them?




Until next time,


Fonts Used:

Click the font names to take you to a download location.  These fonts are free for commercial use.

Please be sure to read the Angel policy found under the copyright info tab above.  Below is a quick summary of those Terms of Use:   

  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creation.  This specific image may be used on handmade items you intend to sell but please see angel policy for the specifics.
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Congratulations!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Top3,that's pretty exciting.Great job on all the cute Cards.I wish you many more creative years of inspiration!
(¨`•.•´¨) Hugs
.`•.¸(¨`•.•´¨) from the
(¨`•.•´¨)¸.•´ HEART,
.`•.¸.•´ Snowbird

Em Louise Fairley said...

Hi Lisa, I'm a new (by email) follower. I've come over from Naomi's blog and want to congratulate you on your new collaboration. I look forward to seeing what you two come up with. Hugs

Suze said...

Congrats Lisa. I know how thrilled you must be. Thanks for the very appropriate freebie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebie. I am sure I have seen your name before listed on the winner's circle. You really should check more often! :)

Made by Mandy said...

Congratulations to you my friend. It truly makes your day to know that someone on a blog who has loads and loads of other cards to choose from selects one of your creations to be a winner, top 3 or runner up.

We all seek validation in one way or another. There are times when we may not believe in ourselves but that fact that someone else does can make a big difference.

Your cards are lovely and it is fabulous that you are getting the recognition for them that you deserve.

I just happened to come across your name at Digi Darla...... well done xxx

Smookiedo Crafts said...

CONGRATULATIONS my friend!! I can only imagine how you are feeling at this moment!! If you were like me you have a smile on your face and everytime you think about it that little smile will come back!! Like I have said so many times before...you are growing my leaps and bounds. I can remember when you first started out (which was not to long ago) and look at you now!! Keep bringing the inspiration to us all who need it!! You are wonderful at it!!

Unknown said...

Wow Lisa, so much fun to read, the way you write can cheer any soul up, I was ready for bed now ready to run, lol Congrats you deserve it and how awesome is it you won two!!!(well you know what I mean) Love the twilight theme, do do do do do do do do... hahahaha, I am forever saying that!!!

Really enjoyed this post! Hugs

Borqna said...

Thanks for the freebie!
Goog luck!

Sue - aka Olive Reedfilter (fairy name) said...

Congrats on winning all the contests!!! And, I love your wordart today. See, didn't I tell you dreams do come true ... you just have to believe!!!!