Sunday, December 02, 2012

Sunday Spotlight: December 2, 2012

Happy Sunday all!  I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful weekend wherever you happen to be in this great big world of ours.  I find in incredible that in a little over a month I now have cyberfriends scattered all over this planet.  The whole wide world just got a little bit smaller for me and I'm thrilled to be meeting so many new people all bonded by our love of creativity.  

If you are just visiting for the first time, it is that time of week when I say a particular thank you to one of my readers acknowledging them for something thoughtful, inspiring, or mindful that they have said in one of their comments.  As a way of saying thanks, I will present this person with an advanced copy of a freebie that I promise, no one else will be able to get their hand on for at least three months and possibly longer.  

So without further ado, the comment I'm highlighting and reflecting on this week belongs to:


AMY JO


who said:
Oh my, Lisa!  This is such a wonderful thing you are doing!  I am adding  you to my "favorite blogs" bookmark on my toolbar right now!  What a beautiful way to use your blog for the scrapping/stamping community!  I think it's brilliant and unique and I will be checking out every one of these sites you have mentioned here.  :)  Thanks so much for doing this and I would be thrilled if you would pop in and say hi on my blog sometime; Honored is more like it. ;) I love the way you write and I love the helpful and positive way you are reaching out.  How inspiring!  You have certainly given me food for thought tonight and I really appreciate it.  I'm also going to subscribe to your posts via email so I can be sure to get my daily lift, which is much needed in my life.  Thank you again for what you are doing!  It is not going unnoticed. :)

I'm so glad that the Saturday Showcase continues to be a welcomed addition to the scrapbook/card making/digital design community.  There are so many of you out there who are worthy of being in the showcase.  Every single day I come across someone who deserves to have their work put out there for all the world to see.  I'm glad that people are taking the time to visit the sites I recommend.  Some weeks, pulling it all together is an arduous process.  It takes time to search out just the right image and then I have to contact the person to set things up.  While the majority of people I've asked have responded quickly and graciously, sometimes I don't get a reply back at all.  It is very possible that my emails are going into spam, or that they are floating somewhere out in cyberspace.  Regardless of the reason, when this happens I have to go and search someone else out and then hope that I'll get a response within the turn around time I have left.  I'm always afraid that I won't be able to get the post out on time or that one day no one will write me back and I'll have nothing at all for the showcase.  What if people think my blog is too small?  What if I'm just not worth the effort?  What if someone gets upset by what I have to say about them?  All these questions play into my fears of rejection.   Just another one of my insecurities peeking through the surface.  

So, I am so very thankful indeed for everyone who has agreed to be part of the showcase and for people like Amy Jo, and so many of you out there who continue to support the idea of it.  Even if just one of you finds something new out there to inspire you in your own work, then the time and effort is worth it.  As for dealing with my fears, well lets just say I'm a work in progress.

I would also like to add that I am honoured that Amy Jo finds my words inspiring and that I am able to give her a 'lift' on those days when she needs one.  The feeling is reciprocal for Amy Jo also inspires me to continue down this new road I have begun to travel.

Honourable mentions include: 
You are so right we should be more thankful and often we take all the simple things in our life for granted but if they were gone we would be miserable... so we really should appreciate our life more. Thanks for the reminder! Hugs Vicky on Thursdays Are For Giving Thanks

Lisa, you are a joy and a delight! Although I was away from Blogger for much of the last couple weeks, your sunshiny love shone forth even when I wasn't here. I couldn't resist dropping by before I flutter off to sleep... always remember that your work is lovely because it is created by YOU! :o) Hugs and blessings! Karen on Sunday Spotlight: November 11, 2012


I love these sayings! I think we should all pin them to the mirror and repeat every day! Keep those good thoughts coming our way! We need all the encouragement we can get in this crazy world of ours ((hugs)) Michelle from MS on Motivational Monday: November 19, 2012

I am so humbled Lisa... you beautiful soul! You did touch my life and many others and will touch sooooo many more. I sense a great profoundness in you and through that you will soar as far as you think you can, so think it my friend... you are truly amazing. I will write you in the morning...what a sweet thing to read before getting sleep.Hugs Naomi on Sunday Spotlight: November 18, 2012

Thank you for such an amazing post Lisa. I can see that I need to change my outlook on things a bit after reading this. Instead of complaining how difficult it is to drive the car - I struggle with u-turns and pulling out into traffic - I should be grateful that I can still drive. Thank you heaps for making me think about how I see things. I look forward to your quotes and reminders to be grateful for what we have. I think it is easy to lose sight of that sometimes. Thanks also for the quote. Hugs, Suze on Thursdays Are For Giving Thanks

This part of your blog is the most inspirational part of it. You not only find the right words in just your own way of saying things ... your "quotes" will reach someone out there that really needs that encouragment in their lives. You are a motivational speaker and we need this in our world. I am so glad that I found you. Hugs, Sue on Motivational Monday: November 19, 2012 

Please know how truly difficult it is each and every week for me to choose just one comment to highlight.  So many of you have left such beautiful comments that have touched me deeply and I truly appreciate each and every one of them and each and every one of you!  

Until next time,


6 comments:

ike said...

Cooool - see... people DO appreciate you Lisa and you're doing a marvelous job with this Blog :-D
Many Hugz
Ike xxx

Michelle said...

Hi there Lisa - I loved reading this post, and the rest of your blog looks fantastic. I'm going to come back later when I can sit down with a cuppa and have a good read of all your posts.
I wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment, it made my day and has probably made my week too - thank you again.
Also, I agree with you about the world being smaller on cyber world. Fantastic isn't it.
I'm going to become a follower too :0)
Have a great day ! Michelle

Crafting Vicky said...

Well it's mutual Lisa. Your blog really touches us and inspire us! Thank you so much for doing this.

Nikki said...

Hi Lisa
I'm going to make it short and sweet. Before you find all my errors lol. Thanks for the spotlights it's just wonderful,sweet,so kind of you and "YOU ROCK !!!!!"
hugs Nikki

Sue - aka Olive Reedfilter (fairy name) said...

Lisa, I just finished reading this post, as it is by far my favorite one you do each week. And, something just dawned on me. Whether you meant to or not, you do this posting every week on a day of faith for many of us. I hope I don't offend anyone else out there. But, I am starting to believe that you are an angel brought to us from above. Your words continue to be so profound and you reach into the hearts of so many of us. You inspire and you encourage always. With that little extra sparkle that is called "hope". Many of us come back day by day, week by week, and soon month by month because you have that unbelievable ability to make us happy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hugs, Sue

AmyJRockstar said...

Oh wow, Lisa! Thank you SOOOOOO much!!! I am HONORED! I want you to know that I received your beautiful email and I sent you just a quick reply, but plan on writing you a much longer email hopefully this weekend. As you probably have figured out, I am quite sick much of the time, so unfortunately I don't get back to people as quickly as I'd like to. I am so happy I popped into your blog this morning. It's 4:00 AM and I can't sleep, which is normal for me, but frustrating for sure. Thank you so much for recognizing me! I will post about this on my blog as soon as I am able to and hopefully will get you some more (much deserved) followers. :) Thank you so much for once again, brightening my day. I am truly thrilled that my comment was chosen. :D Will talk to you very soon my new, dear friend.

XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
DT Member - http://forevernightchallenges.blogspot.com