Monday, December 10, 2012

Motivational Monday: The Power of the Mind

If you are new to my blog and would like to know why I started Motivational Mondays, please go HERE.


The mind is far more powerful than we could possibly ever imagine.  Two people facing the same difficulties can each react in completely different ways.  Some people have been known to shrivel in unto themselves and yet others can thrive when facing the same problems or issues.  Sometimes it can just come down to the way we think about our circumstances.  Those who think negatively will often dwell on all that is wrong; whereas, people who think positively shift their thoughts to focus on what they can do to change the situation and make it better.

Now, don't get me wrong.  Staying positive is not easy.  In fact, it can be a struggle.  However, as I've mentioned before, everything worthwhile in life must be worked at.  It is easier to let oneself dwell on the negative things.  I know; I've done it.  I lost quite a few people in my life about ten years ago because of doing exactly that.  The first three years when I became disabled and had to adapt to a new way of living were very dark days for me.  However, slowly I pulled myself back up into the light.  Once I accepted that my life was leading down a different road from the one I had planned and began to accept my new reality, I started to see things differently.  Unfortunately, it wasn’t fast enough for the majority of my friends to deal with as one by one they disappeared from my life.  I work very hard not to slip back into that dark hole.  So, I know what I'm talking about when I say it is possible to change your thinking processes.  You just need to work at it.


UPDATE:
I'm sorry but this image is no longer available for download.  Free Digital Photos has revoked the permission that they had originally given me.  While I am still allowed to post their images on line, I am no longer able to offer them up for download.  I can however still offer you the original quote that was part of the motivational graphic.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
 
 If you are interested in the information used to create this sentiment, I have included it below along with my other usual caveats.  Please note that due to the nature of this design, you may not use it on products you sell since one of the fonts is for personal use only with no profit generation.

Until next time,
 

Fonts Used: 
 Click the font name to take you to a download location.  While Angelina is considered free for commercial use, Hoffmanhand and Agent Orange are for personal use only.

If you haven't already, please become familiar with my terms of use found in the copyright tab at the top of this page.  I have included a quick summary below.   If you are not sure how to copy the image, check out the download instructions page.  
  
Quick summary of Terms of Use:

  • Do not claim the image as your own.
  • Credit 'Decosse's Dynamite Doodles' somewhere on your creation
  • Do not share my images with family, friends, etc.  Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Pinterest®, 4-Shared®, etc.  Instead, please direct people to my blog so they can grab the image for themselves.
  • If I have signed an image, do not delete my signature.
  • Leave a comment on my blog.  It is currently the only way for me to know if any of my freebies are being nabbed.  Additionally, it will help to inspire me to continue to create and offer future freebies.

3 comments:

ike said...

That's a really cool picture and very thought provoking. It is such a shame that your friends couldn't wait for you - I am glad you struggled through it and hope you can stay positive 99 % of the time. We all have our 'off' days. :-) Mega Hugz xxxxxxxxxxxx

Suze said...

Thanks Lisa. You are truly an inspiration.

Smookiedo Crafts said...

I love what you wrote! Feels like you were peeking into my mind when you wrote it! I can surely relate to the friend thing! About 12 years ago I went into deep depression after the death of my father and when I slowly came out of it I realized that the people around me who I thought were my friends, were actually not my friends as they did not stick around! Nevertheless, I am much better today, although I do have some bad days! But those bad days are the days I find I really crank out the cards!!! :)