Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nail Design: A Comrade Has Fallen

If one can mourn over the loss of fingernails, then that person is surely me this morning.  Today, after the 'death' of my baby fingernail, I had to say goodbye to nine other 'close allies' who in comradery needed to go the same route as their fellow nail.  So, in tribute to these ten fallen 'friends' I give you a design, from earlier this year that I had posted on my original website.
 
This was my first nail design for the fall season.  I called it 'Autumn Art'.  It is inspired by a design from 'Nail Polish Wars Blogspot' (sorry but I don't remember the website address because I wrote the idea down in my nail book a few weeks ago). 

It is a pretty simple design.  Just divide each nail into three triangular shapes.  Paint each section a different fall colour (make sure you use a good base coat first).  In this design I've used a deep green, a beige and a rusty-copper tone.  After a couple coats of each colour so that they are solid looking, apply two coats of a gold flecked glitter to give it a bit of a sparkle.  Add two coats of a good topcoat and you are done.  And for a closer look:
Please take this post in the tongue in cheek jest that it is meant.  I know that there are people out there really suffering from loss and in no way do I want to disrespect any of them.  It is just that 'vanity is my name' when it comes to my fingernails, and I do feel a sense of loss now that they are no longer with me. 

Until next time,

2 comments:

Michele from MS said...

LOL You are too funny! I don't use nail polish because it always chipped the 1st day and the the new bondo stuff they have now...I can't afford!! But, I do love seeing all of the super cool designs on FB and Pinterest. These colors would be perfect for Christmas!! Great design.

Karen said...

Aww... I'm sorry you lose one of your babies! (I feel that pain if I dump a jar of sparkly eyeshadow... tragic.) That design is gorgeous, by the way! :o)

Hugs and blessings!