Hello everyone. It is not very often that I have the time to create for the start of The Path of Positivity Challenge. However, as busy as I was, I did find some time to squeeze in another card. This month the theme is a bit more challenging as we want to see a creation that showcases the concept of serendipity.
As I mention over on the challenge blog, Serendipity means a "fortunate happenstance" or "pleasant surprise"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity). Or another way to look at it is, "luck that takes the form of finding valuable or pleasant things that are not looked for" (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/serendipity). I thought that creating a wedding card would illustrate the idea. I found a really great quote online and then made it into a sentiment that you can pick up for free over on the challenge blog, "Sweet Serendipity...The unexpected meeting that changes your life." (Alexia). I really like this quote because it could apply to any kind of meeting. You might come across a person who becomes a really great friend. You might meet someone that changes your career for the better. There are so many interpretations, including meeting the love of your life. Since I only have a couple wedding cards on hand, I figured that now would be a good opportunity to add to the pile.
This month our sponsors are...
and Sami Stamps
For the start of the challenge, I'm working with an image from Sami Stamps.
Both Sami and Karen had lots of wonderful images to choose from that worked well for this challenge. You can see the images the rest of the team chose to work with over on the challenge blog.
For now, here is the one I chose to work with...
On Your Arm
You can find it in the "Valentine's Day and love category" over in the Sami Stamps store. Clicking on the watermark above, will take you to that section in the store.
Here are my card and details. I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
Digital Images Details:
- On Your Arm: Details above. I've coloured it in with Copic markers. Unfortunately, my main grey marker started running out halfway through the process, so I'm not exactly happy with the final result. I suppose it doesn't look awful but it could do with a little more blending. Maybe I could just say the fabric is a wool tweed blend. Or better yet, they're saving up money for a home and couldn't really afford an expensive suit. Do you think I could get away with it?! ;)
- I have used an image from Imagine That! Digis by Kris, featured in the Impossible Hearts Set. Since I used a paper from this set as well, you can find the watermark and details below.
- The floral frame that the the hearts are in, is in the Doily Frames set created by Paulette from Create with TLC. Paulette recently had a special on where if you bought something in the store, you received the frames as a special thank you. I was lucky enough to acquire them. They are just so pretty and versatile! For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- The beautiful sentiment on the front was also created by Paulette from Create with TLC. I picked it up a while back as a freebie.
- The glittery silver ribbon is Crafts brand and was purchased at Dollarama.
- The gemstones and the puffy hearts are also Crafts brand.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- One I created. You can find it over on The Path of Positivity blog by clicking HERE and scrolling three quarters of the way down. I've offered it up in two separate pieces. Originally I was going to put the 'sweet serendipity' part on the front and then the rest of the sentiment on the inside followed by 'happy wedding day' but then figured maybe it would be better done the other way.
Digital Paper Products:
- Card base: Recollections card set in white, lg.
- Image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- The shimmery grey piece used as an accent, along with the dark grey cardstock used for matting, are from Michael's openstock scrapbook paper.
- As mentioned above, I made use out of the Impossible Hearts Set from Imagine That! Digis by Kris, using both one of the images in the set, along with one of the papers. This is another really great set that is versatile and I'm sure I'll be using it over and over. You can find the set for sale in the store. Right now is only $1.95 reduced from $3.00! Click on the watermark below to head there now.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes with hand colouring
- http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://suzysmarty1.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes with a twist...Add Some Texture (I am hoping that the ribbon on the front and the embellishments give it enough texture.)
- http://kitandclowder.ning.com/challenges/february-challenge-love -- Love
- http://littleclairesdesigns.blogspot.ca/ -- Love
- http://thestampingboutiquechallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- More than One Layer
- http://eclecticellapu.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.fairytalestamper.blogspot.de/ -- Anything Goes but must use a digi (I've used several digital images)
- http://www.scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes with a Sentiment
- http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Use a Digi (I've used several digital images)
For Challenge #24, the prizes will be the following:
- A $12 gift certificate from Sami Stamps, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $15 gift certificate from Lunagirl, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- One digital designer paper (made to order in a couple different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
To find out all the details you need along with the link up, click HERE. The team and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!!
Until next time!